Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Homeowners...

Well, we've taken the plunge. Bryan and I are now officially homeowners. The process in its entirety has been an absolute nightmare; however, now that it is over, we are so excited!

Bryan - on the same day we closed - came home and pulled out the holly bushes in the back that he has been longing to pull out for the past four years. The look of glee on his face when it was done was really amazing. There are now three gaping holes in the back yard where they were. No more pricked fingers or toes. Hooray!

We've been dreaming for months of what we could do to the house, but now it's a matter of what we will be doing. Sketches of moved walls are littered around the house, and we've even taped out lines on the carpet of where things will be when we are done renovating. I'm positively drooling over the possibility of increased storage in the house. Every chance I get, I'm asking Bryan for a closet or shelves or something (2 small closets in the ENTIRE house somehow just aren't cutting it).

As we are emptying out all of the furniture, which will go back to Bristol, I've been pricing everything for our giant yard sale. I'm being quite ruthless if I do say so myself. I've already decided that if it goes outside, it isn't coming back in...this house is going to be clutter free!! Four boxes are priced and packed already, and I've not really gone through a lot. Oh excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment