Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Setting Goals

This year, I'm attempting to simplify the way I "do life."  I have a tendency to go overboard and make things more complicated than they need to be or over analyze otherwise simple tasks.  This year, things will be different!  I will look at things at face value and not be too hard on myself when not EVERYTHING goes as planned.  I will enjoy the little things and not get worked up over them.

A great friend of mine posts on her blog a list of goals for each month along with an update of how the last month's goals played out.  I think I'd like to do the same thing, although I'm nervous that I won't be able to complete the goals.  That, however, would be over analyzing, so I'm not going to think about that!!  OK, so here we go!

Goals for January 2013
  1. Send Thank You Notes for all Christmas presents.
  2. Pick up new furniture from the Insyde Outsyde Shop and do any refinishing work.
  3. Get estimates for a built-in cabinet by the fireplace, fireplace repair/brick, and backsplash brick installation.
  4. Hang family photos and artwork back on the walls. (as opposed to in stacks on the floor)
  5. Plan meals for each week and stick to the schedule.
  6. Stick to the New Testament Bible reading plan that friends from Sunday School are doing (we're reading through Mark right now).
  7. Get registries set up for Little Guy.

OK, I think seven is respectable.  We'll see how it goes and reassess next month.  I feel a sense of accomplishment just getting these together.  Maybe I can harness that feeling and be super productive!  Here I go!!!

DK

No comments:

Post a Comment