Monday, May 23, 2011

Headboard Benches

So my mom and I were out shopping at a downtown consignment/antique shop called Merchants on Main. It's in the southside district of our town which is reviving right now. They were having a sidewalk sale, and I found this BEAUTIFUL antique upholstered headboard for just under $20 (after tax!).



I've been looking for a bench for our dining room table, and I thought this might be the perfect back for one. All of the benches I have seen thus far have been one of three things: 1. No back - you can't eat dinner in a seat with no back comfortably, 2. UGLY, 3. Rediculously expensive (like thousands of dollars....ummm, no). So, I decided to make my own. The idea is that the bench can sit in another room of the house until we have enough guests over to need more seating. Then we can pull it up to the table and avoid having some strangely large number of dining room chairs floating around the house.

So, that's what I'm into these days, just working on that bench. I haven't gotten super far on it. I've stained the wood pieces. Assembly will come in a later post. I'll keep you updated!

1 comment:

  1. What a great find!!! I LOVE it!!! I look forward to seeing the finished project :)) Have a wonderful day!!!
    Your newest follower,
    Michella

    ReplyDelete