Friday, May 27, 2011

My Style...

I was out shopping with the girls yesterday at the mall. I haven't been shopping at full priced stores in a LONG time, and I was totally appalled by how much everything costs! I've gotten used to thrift store pricing, so $14.99 sounds pretty expensive to me for a shirt! I did find a couple of things - a pretty lace embellished tank top for $11 at Banana Republic, and some Teva flip flops for $9.99.

Anyway, as we were shopping, one of my friends defined my style (with some help from me) as "slouchy chic." I love that! It's exactly what I am. I like blousy tops that are supposed to be that way with a pencil skirt or wide leg linen pants. I wear rolled up jeans with "boat shoes," as my dad calls them, but the next day, I'll wear skinny jeans with heals. I flop back and forth, but I'm beginning to gravitate toward this aptly defined "slouchy chic." It's a little yacht club, but less preppy and less beachy. OK, that's all that yacht club is, so I'm not sure how to explain.

So, what's your style? Can you think of a name for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment