Friday, March 1, 2013

March Goals and February Recap

February Recap

1.  Stick to the New Testament Bible reading plan.

Well, this one has been harder this time around.  We've been reading Acts for the most part in February.  I actually got several chapters behind a couple of times.  I've managed to catch back up, but I definitely didn't make any headway toward the whole routine in the Word thing.  Oh well, a new month starts now.  Get it done!!

2.  Finish thank you notes from Christmas.

In the mail tomorrow!

3.  Plan meals for each week and stick to the schedule.

If I don't count one week in February - this went very well.  The third week of February, well I failed miserably, but otherwise, things are going well.  Still using my website and my app on my phone.  Grocery bills are about the same at this point, but I think it'll start to go down as I get the hang of it and start tweaking my plan to include sales at the store, etc.

4.  Get rid of the pile of stuff that has no home currently living in the baby room and on every flat surface in our home.

With the help of wonderful, non-judgemental, helpful friends - the nursery is cleared out!  Still have a little work to do in the closet (see goals for next month), but the room now only has baby furniture in it, and the flat surfaces are no longer overtaken.

As far as the rest of the house, I've made headway on the flat surfaces, but the desk still seems to be a clutter magnet.  It was clear at one point during the month, but it isn't staying that way, so I need to work on a system of sorts.

5.  Install coat hooks in the new "coat closet."

DONE! Seeeeee?



This was a project I tackled while Bryan was in Honduras.  It would have been funny to be a wallflower watching this one go down.  First, I glued the hooks with liquid nails and attempted to tape them up with painters tape while they dried.  The tape didn't hold.  I got liquid nails all over everything when the hooks fell down.  Pretty funny indeed.  So, then I got some REALLY short screws and just barely started them in the sides of the cabinet.  I didn't want them to poke through the sides (which are really thin - like less than 1/4").  That was funny just trying to barely barely hook them into the wood without really biting anything substantial.  That plan worked.

Love it.  It keeps our couch uncovered a little better, and I know where to go when I am needing some cozy warmth from a coat!  If I find a coat in the house, I put it on a hook.  I love it when things have a designated home.  Life is so much easier and more pleasant.

6.  Get the full estimate for the built-in cabinet next to the fireplace.

Cabinet guys came on 2/18 and took measurements.  We heard back about an estimate and it was REALLY more than we expected.  I have more cabinet guys coming to give more estimates the first week of March!

7.  Order and install the backsplash for the kitchen.

The thinbrick was ordered, and I picked it up from General Shale on 2/21.  It's a mixture of two colors - "schoolhouse" and "english pub."  Pretty neat stuff - it's only about 5/8" thick, and it went up with construction adhesive and pointing mortar.  Bryan put it up while I was at work when he had a morning off.  We finished it off over the course of a few days!  It sure is nice to have a husband who is "Mr. Handyman."  Check it out!

Repair the fireplace and install the mantel.

Hmmmmm, not so much.
 

Find a rug for the Dining Room and Living Room. 

Hmmmm, not so much either.

Taxes.

Epic fail.  NEED to do this SOON!

 

 

 

March Goals:


  1. Stick to the New Testament Bible reading plan.
  2. Plan meals for the whole month and grocery shop ONCE. (noticing a trend?)
  3. Taxes.
  4. Have and OPEN HOUSE to show off all of the super hard work we've done over the last 2 years
  5. Get my office and work in order to pass to the next person.  (My last day is March 22!)
  6. Put finishing touches on the Nursery.
  7. Pack the "hospital bag." (any suggestions as to what goes in here?)
  8. Clean out the Fridge and Freezer.
  9. Write and send thank you notes for all baby gifts.
  10. Get ready for a WILD RIDE - Little Guy is on the way sooooon!

No comments:

Post a Comment