Thursday, March 28, 2013

Writing to my unborn son.

I got a wild hair today that I wanted to start writing letters to my son.  I've thought about it before, but just decided today to actually do it.  I know, he isn't born yet, but, for some reason, now seemed like a great time to start.  Then I won't be thinking later, "I wish I had started that when he was younger."

So, I have an email address and a blog that I'm posting these letters in.  I will most likely settle on one or the other that I like and only do one, but I wasn't sure, and I wanted the dates to start now.  So, I just copied my letter in both places.

It's more for me than for him, really, but maybe one day he'll appreciate having his mom's thoughts along the journey.  Who knows?  I hope I can be genuine so that he can see that his mom is real, and that one day, he can see a side of me that maybe hasn't been so clear before.

I may post snippets of those letters here over time.  The one today starts like this: 
"Today, you are supposed to come into the world in 14 days.  I've decided I want to write to you and send you pictures through this blog that will one day be a book.  I'll give it to you when you're older.  How much older?  I have no idea.  I may keep it for decades without you ever knowing it exists."
We'll have to see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment